Saturday, October 29, 2011

Sabbath

Today started off when my alarm woke me up at 8:00. =P  I had oatmeal for breakfast, because I actually remembered to grab a couple of packets at the caf yesterday.  So that was good.  Then Ryan, Victor, Eric and I all went to the church.  We had to practice for special music this morning.  Hahna, Victor, Joe, and I all sang Sweet Beulah Land.  It went pretty well, actually.  So I'm uploading it to YouTube right now.  So I doubt it will be up by the time I'm ready to go to bed, so what I'll probably do is post it tomorrow morning...

After church we had potluck, which was really good.  Then we practiced for special music tonight.  Ray, Ryan, DeWayne, Joe, Natanial, and I sang Come Thou Fount.  It went pretty good too.  I'll have to post that as well...

After we practiced, we went up to a beautiful lake and waterfall!  It was called Lula Lake, and it's in Georgia.  It was so pretty!  I'll try to get pictures of that up as well...  We'll see.  I have lots of homework as well.

Tonight was the last meeting.  Which is a good as well as sad thing...  It was on the work of the Holy Spirit in our lives.  We had fellowship food after that.  And then after I got back to my hall, I found my roommate and a couple other guys from the hall playing with a soccer ball.  They were trying to get it into a trashcan. =P  And then we put the trashcan on it's side and tried kicking the ball into it.  And then we set up two trashcans and played hall soccer.  That was a lot of fun!  And then Katie texted me saying that she and Sarah wanted to watch Voyage of the Dawn Treader, so would I mind taking her to Wal-Mart to get it out of the Redbox DVD rental thing?  So I said OK.  Wal-Mart ended up not having it, but I quickly downloaded the little Redbox iPhone App, and found a place on the Lee Highway that did have it.  So we drove over there.  And we put the top down on my car, and it was 39 degrees out.  But it was a lot of fun!  Especially when I started "racing" a Mustang. =P  But my common sense quickly overruled when I remembered that it's a Saturday night and we had already seen a whole bunch of police out.  So I quickly slowed back down to the speed limit. =P

I kind of wanted to watch the movie with them, but we couldn't come up with a practical idea on to how or where we could watch it, and since it was already 11:00, I decided the better part of wisdom would be to go to bed. =P  So that is what I'm doing!  Goodnight!

PS: The video from special music is below.

No comments:

Post a Comment