Saturday, September 24, 2011

Sabbath

What a wonderful, happy Sabbath! :)  I took DeWayne, Katie, and Eric to church this morning.  Michael Porter was the speaker, so that was really neat!  I had seen him in the bulletin last week for a "Being Neighbors With Muslims" seminar this afternoon, but I didn't know if he was doing the sermon too until Thursday.  But anyway, he did both, so that was nice. :)  Oh yeah, and he said to tell my family hello from him. :)  But anyway, we had lunch over at Michelle's place, then we joined the Bible Worker Club for a little while, handing out flyers for the evangelistic meetings.  Joe, Katie, DeWayne, and I went to an apartment complex for the 20 minutes we had and we each just took a building and started knocking on doors.  So that was fun.  Then we rushed back to the church for the 4:00 meeting about Muslims.  And then we went over to Joe's for the evening.  We had such a great time!  We sang several songs A Capella.  It was amazing!  The SALT group is very talented...  So yeah, we divided up into the four parts and sang.  Then we each shared our favorite story of Jesus.  I mentioned the conversation in John 8 where Jesus finishes by saying "Before Abraham was, I AM!"  That whole chapter is so powerful!

After that, we ate some and had smoothies, then we played I Have Never, Ninja, and then Phrase Catch or something like that...  It was like Taboo, but more fast paced and we had a little electronic thing that got passed around.  But it was lots of fun!  And then I got back to the dorm and now I'm off to bed!  Goodnight! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment