Friday, September 16, 2011

Happy Sabbath!

Hello all!

Just a couple of highlights from today.  DeWayne and I had a Hebrew test this morning, which I have been really worried about for awhile.  But it actually wasn't too bad!  There was one question I could not remember the answer to, but at least that one was only worth 1 point.  So hopefully I didn't get too much wrong...  We'll see.

DeWayne and I went shopping after that and I did some homework, then we had Battle of the Titans at 2:30.  That's a competition between the halls here in the dorm.  We have a different event every month, and this first one was Ultimate Frisbee.  It was fun, but kind of frustrating.  We were going against the House of David who won in the game last night, so they already had played.  Most of the people from our team, the House of Moses, hadn't played before.  So we lost miserably...  We had to have at least one girl on our team, so the deans had told us to invite any girls we knew.  I knew Hahna played really well, so I had asked her to help us, so she did.  She was the only girl on our team for awhile!  And by far the best player...

Well, that lasted for an hour, then Hahna and I went to another field where we met up with some of the others that play every Friday afternoon and we played for fun for another 2 1/2 hours.  At 5, I left and took a shower and got ready for the Archaeology Seminar.  That was really good!  They talked about different discoveries in Israel, and how different places talk about King David and stuff.  And they had some artifacts there from the museum here on Southern.  I have the pictures attached at the bottom...  The first picture is of the people who brought the stuff, then there's a picture of a brick from Babylon with Nebuchadnezzar's name stamped on it.  Then after that is a vase from Egypt.  And an oil lamp.  The next one is of a receipt that was given someone from a temple, listing the offerings the person had brought.  And the last one is a little pot from Israel.

So yeah, I've had a pretty good day. :)  Looking forward to tomorrow - it's potluck!!! :)

Anyway, goodnight!






No comments:

Post a Comment