Friday, November 4, 2011

Thursday night

So I ended up posting yesterday's on the wrong blog.  Oops!  So anyway, here it is:

Hey Y'all!  Today was pretty epic.  We had John Baxter for worship this morning.  He's here because this week has been student missions week, so he has a booth set up for AFM in the student center and stuff.  So anyway, he talked about how we need to please God.  That needs to be our life goal.

Convocation was good as well.  But I talked about that in my other blog.  If you haven't read it yet, the link is here.  After lunch we had personal evangelism class, then outreach class, and then outreach.  It was pouring down rain, so we weren't really looking forward to knocking on doors, but thankfully Joe had us visiting different people that have come to the meetings, getting a satisfaction survey, and then seeing if they want Bible studies.  So we logged well over 70 miles today I think. =P  But it was really good, because Hahna brought this tape from Focus on the Family.  It was this guy giving his testimony and it was INCREDIBLE!!!  He was telling about all kinds of things he used to do.  He was a professional criminal from the age of 16 until he was caught and put in jail at 21.  He posed as a co-pilot for Pan-Am airlines for a couple of years, then a Pediatric Doctor for another year, then a lawyer for a year.  Meanwhile, he would cash a whole bunch of checks and make lots of money!  So yeah, it was pretty incredible.

The visits went well also. =P  Hahna actually got two of the people to sign up for Bible studies!  So that was exciting. :)

After we got back, I got to meet her friend Mindy that she's been telling me a lot about and then I ran over to the girls' dorm because one of our part-time SALT people, Heather Haynes, was telling about her experiences as a student missionary in Chad.  That was really good as well.  Her main point was that we need to be available for God.

Then I came back to my room, got quite a bit of the homework done that's due tomorrow morning in Hebrew class, and then I'm getting ready for bed.  I'm exhausted and I have a grammar quiz as well in Hebrew tomorrow.  And it's a hundred percent quiz, meaning that I have to get it 100% or retake it...

Anyway, good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment