Saturday, August 27, 2011

Friday


I am so sorry I didn't post anything last night!  It was just way too late, so I went right to bed...

Yesterday was a lot of fun.  Hebrew class was at 8:00 with Dr. Klingbeil.  I think I'm going to enjoy this. :)  After that, DeWayne and I went into town and bought oil for my car, then while he was in an audition for the choir, I got my car washed and vacuumed.  So it looks decent again. :)  Then we won't over to DeWayne's uncle's house and changed my oil.

In the afternoon, We spent our time in Ryan's room studying and talking.  So that was nice.  I then took a shower and walked over to Parker's house (they only live about a mile and a half away) for supper.  That was really nice.  We talked about Joseph after the meal.  Then we had vespers at the church at 8:00.  It was really good!  The Chaplain talked about being connected with Christ.  And he gave the statistic that in this area, 84% of Seventh-day Adventist young people are leaving the church...  After vespers, most of us met in a big circle in front of Wright Hall and had a service where we prayed for a connection with Christ.  And we gave ourselves and the school to God.  The person that gave a devotional thought at that said "When Jesus comes back, He won't be looking for people who are preaching the third angel's message.  He'll be looking for people who are living the third angel's message!"

Then DeWayne, Ryan, and I spent the rest of the evening talking about revival and reformation.  So it was a great night.  But I didn't get to bed until after midnight...  Oh well.  At least I didn't have to get up at the crack of dawn this morning. =P

I'll hopefully write again tonight, telling about today.  Below is a video montage I took of last evening's activities...  Hope you enjoy!

Joel

No comments:

Post a Comment