Wednesday, August 24, 2011

August 24

Today was quite the day.  It started with meeting in the gym at 8:00 this morning to get into our little groups (mine is the Religion - Evangelism department) so that all 650 of us freshmen could go out into the community and help.  Most of the groups went to places where they could do clean up from when the tornadoes went through back several months ago.  Six groups including mine, went to a horse farm and my group spent the morning tearing an old barbed wire fence out of this tangled mess of woods.  Then we had lunch on the bus on our way back.

I took a shower, then caught up on some online stuff and ran over to the financial office and got some stuff straightened out and got everything ready to be paid tomorrow. :)  Then I met my good friend, Anna Bartlett, who I haven't seen for 6 years, and we visited for awhile before heading over to the gym where all the campus ministries and clubs had set up booths.  Her boyfriend met us over there, so it was nice meeting him.  They had haystacks there, which were really good.  And then we had the SALT orientation at 6.  And after that, Mrs. Parker brought in popcorn and smoothies for us.  That was really good. :)  I came back to my room and called Mom, then I ran upstairs to DeWayne's room where I met Ryan and we had a short worship and prayer and now I'm in my room again and getting ready for bed.  Hope you all had a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment